Thursday, April 5, 2012

American Idol Season 11 Rankings - Week 5


American Idol 2012 Contestant Rankings - Powered by CompughterRatings.com


Week 5 of American Idol 2012 is now in the books. With DeAndre’s departure, which I accurately predicted a week ago, we are now down to 7 contestants. Colton Dixon was the big mover this week, up 3 spots to #3 in the overall rankings, following his unique version of Cindy Lauper’s “Time After Time”. Joshua Ledet takes over the top spot, which I think most of us saw coming. He is bar none the most consistent performer on this year’s show. Does anyone think he sounds a little bit like Seal, with a more soulful sound?

Skylar Laine’s performance was much better this week, but with only 7 contestants left in the competition, she ends up ranked at the bottom of those still alive. I tweaked the algorithm last week to make the more recent shows “count” more, meaning that performing better or worse later in the season has a more dramatic impact on a performer’s overall rating. So I’m actually surprised to see Skylar in that position this week. It may be that she is still being dragged down by last week’s performance.

I started making predictions about who will be eliminated two weeks ago and so far my record is 2-0. I accurately predicted the departure of both Heejun and DeAndre. We’ll see if I’m right this coming week. Based on my “Compughter” rankings below, I’m predicting Skylar Laine, Hollie Cavanagh, and Elise Testone to be next week’s bottom 3. Note that I actually have Elise ranked ahead of Phillip, but my gut tells me (based on all of Phillip’s screaming fans) that Phillip will outlast Elise. So I am NOT predicting Phillip to be in the bottom 3 next week.

Right now, the “Compughter” predicts Skylar will go home next week. But, despite my own algorithm, I’m going to predict that Elise will be packing it up.

What do YOU think?

Rank

Rank

Contestant

Rating

Status

Movement

1

Joshua Ledet

100.000

Alive

+1

2

Jessica Sanchez

98.397

Alive

-1

3

Colton Dixon

96.503

Alive

+3

4

Elise Testone

96.199

Alive

-1

5

Phillip Phillips

95.862

Alive

-1

6

Hollie Cavanagh

95.785

Alive

-1

7

Skylar Laine

93.949

Alive

+1

8

DeAndre Brackensick

78.857

Eliminated

-1

9

Erika Van Pelt

70.616

Eliminated

 

10

Heejun Han

70.600

Eliminated

 

11

Shannon Magrane

65.785

Eliminated

 

12

Jeremy Rosado

60.744

Eliminated

 

13

Jermaine Jones

60.000

Eliminated

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment